6 Best CBD Cream For Pain
This article contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
CBD has become one of the biggest emerging markets out today. With numerous companies developing cannabis products designed to benefit people, the popularity of CBD is only growing. Loved by the old and young (as well as those who’ve never taken traditional marijuana), users cite that CBD helps them with everything from pain relief to mental conditions like anxiety and depression.
Although research is still early, pain relief is considered a prominent case study for CBD’s use. Professional athletes hailing from football, basketball, and an array of other sports cite CBD as a part of their regular routine, especially topicals. Helping with achy muscles as well as spasms, topical CBD solutions have been a great over the counter relief, especially in comparison to taking regular pain relievers.
Becoming absorbed into the skin, cannabidiol helps with inflammation and joint pain, which if those are common symptoms to you, then topical CBD might not be a bad solution. Although a growing trend amongst consumers, CBD is also a budding industry amongst entrepreneurs as well. Because of this, the competition for who’s worth your dollar is at its peak.
To help you decipher who the best suppliers of CBD topicals are, we decided to compile some research around the industry to showcase what the top brands look like. Even if you’re already taking CBD topicals, these are good to compare against, ensuring that whatever you’re using is worth doing. After diving into a wide variety of companies, here’s what we considered our top five. Scroll to the bottom for full reviews.
Top 5 CBD Topical Brands for Pain
How Was The CBD Topical List Made?
Before we dive into the next big thing in pain relief, we first want to go over how we compiled this list. As the CBD industry (and more broadly, hemp in general) is filled with quite an extensive array of goods that range in price, size and dosage, it’s important to choose which one best fits your needs.
As CBD pain relief topicals are supposed to help you with an array of symptoms, knowing what you’re putting on your skin is vital to ensuring that you not only get proper treatment but also are not putting any harmful chemicals on your body. Even without the danger of unwanted materials in your CBD topical, buying a bunk product can leave you wasting a ton of money and time. Plus, it leaves distrust in the CBD industry, making many first-timers leave before they find the treatment that’s right for them.
To decipher what the best CBD topicals are, we decided to come up with a list of criteria for our research. First, we ran through a list of the most popular brands of CBD that we could think of, as well as what newcomers were making waves. Second, we looked through the details of each brand, coming up with a list of commonalities as well as distinct product features that are considered innovative for the industry. Finally, we looked into what the experts and influencers were saying on Instagram, YouTube, and Reddit, as well as science journals and magazines.
For our final list of criteria, we narrowed down the list of CBD topicals based upon the biggest key factors. Here’s what we ended up choosing:
● Where the hemp was sourced from.
● The type of extraction process used (including isolates, full spectrum, and broad spectrum).
● The products available, including topicals and other special blends.
● How the brand is perceived by fans and experts.
● If the products are made in the USA or outsourced.
● The dosage of CBD available.
● How transparent they are about what’s in their products and how their testing results came out.
● How their reviews sound including if there’s any red flags.
Finally, we took into account trying the product- either ourselves or asking trusted sources who have used these products as well.
Best CBD Topical Brands For Pain 2021
As the CBD industry has blossomed since the signing of the 2018 Farm Bill, there’s a number of different pain topicals out there that use hemp, CBD, or other cannabis products. With that being said, our focus was on CBD topicals that specifically help with pain. Furthermore, this list is designed to be a litmus test against other CBD brands. Well you might have a CBD product that you use regularly, it might not be a bad idea to compare it to what’s on our list as an education lesson in what CBD is all about.
As we noted above, all of the CBD topicals on this list have been put together based on a number of different factors that include how it was produced, what type of hemp was used, and if there’s any extra ingredients to be made aware of. After rigorous testing, here’s what we came up with:
Penguin: Best Newcomer
Next on our list is Penguin , who’ve crept up into the CBD world as a brand with exceptional value and consistency. Although they currently only have one topical in their CBD Cream , it’s also one of the best options on the market. With a smooth but rich texture, it’s easily a top contender for best overall bang for your buck.
With cannabis that’s sourced from Oregon, Penguin’s CBD utilizes 100% organic hemp and a CO2 extraction process. For their CBD Cream, Penguin keeps it simple on the ingredient list, providing only all-natural ingredients that are both soothing and stress-free.
Hosting a soothing aroma, Penguin’s CBD cream is Peppermint Lavender, a combination that’s both relaxing while also leaving a slight tingle. Starting at $55, this is also one of the more affordable topical solutions available, especially considering it’s 250mg. Perfect for any and all relief, Penguin’s CBD cream is a must-have. It’s easy to see why Merry Jane gave it such a glowing rave review.
After being in the industry for years, Penguin can hold its own against anyone. With subscription pricing knocking off 20%, this is another great value go-to, especially if you don’t want to bother with a lot of choices. As a straightforward topical cream, Penguin certainly has earned their title as best value.
● Clean Ingredients: Utilizing organic hemp that’s source from Oregon, Penguin is one of the better CBD brands out. Additionally, the natural ingredients of lavender and peppermint make for a nice touch. All-in-all, the ingredients make up a lion’s share of why this is a great value, which is easy to see why.
● Thick Texture: Penguin’s CBD cream is versatile in its offering, enabling you to rub it anywhere you need relief.
● Locally Sourced: Penguin’s CBD is sourced from organically grown hemp in Oregon
● Lab Testing: Penguin’s lab results are specific to the CBD cream, and updated in June 2020.
● Guarantee: 30 day return policy if opened or unopened
● Return policy includes opened packages
● CBD cream is versatile in usage.
● Testing is up-to-date
● Subscription pricing available.
● Subscription only saves 20% compared to other brands.
Penguin’s CBD cream is an overall knockout. Although we’ve listed as the best value, that doesn’t mean we cheapened our approach at all. Instead, this has become another product we’ll say is a standard amongst CBD creams, especially considering how versatile it is while also using all-natural ingredients. With an overall great reputation and foundation on its hands, Penguin is only looking up when it comes to delivering exceptional products for 2021.
Colorado Botanicals: Best Quality
Against increased competition and innovation, Colorado Botanicals still towers over its fellow CBD vendors in every way imaginable. Only the best organic ingredients make it into the company’s line of surprisingly affordable topicals, guaranteed to meet anyone’s needs.
Of course, a quality product starts at the roots – literally and figuratively. Quality control “from seed to sale” is Colorado Botanicals’ policy. This means they don’t just wait for third-party results on their final products. Speaking of production, Colorado Botanicals spares no expense with their ISO 9001:2015 facility. But what makes them stand out is their secret, proprietary CO2 extraction process and purification process.
Most vendors won’t admit this, but any additional terpenes and flavonoids are lost during conventional CO2 extractions, leading to “full-spectrum” or “broad-spectrum” products with those compounds artificially added. Meanwhile, Colorado Botanicals designed their CO2 process for terpene, cannabinoid, and flavonoid retention for a genuinely natural extract.
For muscle discomfort, we enjoyed the Colorado Botanicals 400 mg CBD Muscle Rub Pump . The additional ingredients, like organic aloe vera, rosemary leaf extract, penetrate deep down to help relieve tightness and aching. For something even more potent, their 500mg Alleviate gel is perfect for aches and pains. It contains arnica, tea tree oil, menthol, and camphor.
● Superior CO2 Extraction: Colorado Botanicals has many solid points, but nothing stands out more than their unparalleled CBD production. Thanks to their terpene-preserving process, Colorado Botanicals offers extract products that take full advantage of the synergistic “entourage effect.”
● THC-Free Broad-Spectrum CBD: Although topical application won’t cause a “high,” THC is a concern that scares some CBD users. But the Colorado Botanicals extraction process effectively removes tetrahydrocannabinol, along with chlorophyll, fats, and other plant matter. All they leave behind are the compounds you need.
● All-Natural: Contains organic hemp extract and natural plant oils
● Lab Tests: Third-party test results are regularly updated and available on each
product and their lab reports page.
● Superior Quality Control: Tested at various stages before final third-party analysis
● Professional Production: Colorado Botanicals manufactures its extracts in an ISO 9001:2015 facility
● Incredible Pricing: Costs well below other premium CBD products
● Huge Savings: 15% subscriber discount on already fantastic prices
● Appreciation Program: Special discount for veterans, educators, and first-responders
● Risk-Free: Colorado Botanicals offers 60-day free returns on opened or unopened products
● Website offers excellent resources for beginners
Colorado Botanicals has a secret that we may never learn, but that’s okay with us. Their exclusive superior extracts form the foundation of any fantastic CBD product, and topicals are no exception. We were fortunate enough to try both the creams mentioned earlier, and we’re happy to say the results were sensational. If CBD topical creams are on your radar, definitely set a course for Colorado Botanicals.
FOCL Relief Cream: Best Ingredients
FOCL is a well known and respected brand in the CBD realm, known for its top-rated CBD Drops, Relief Cream, CBD gummies, and unique wellness formulas.
One of FOCL’s top products is its powerful CBD Relief Cream . Not only does it contain Premium CBD, but also uses a powerful blend of natural ingredients like Aloe Vera, Menthol, Camphor Bark Oil, and Wintergreen Oil for added relief.
If you’re looking for a CBD topical that works, FOCL’s Relief Cream is genuinely one of the best we’ve tried. For best results, pair with FOCL 2000mg Drops .
● An intense cool to heat sensation for fast relief
● Extensive 3rd party testing
FOCL continues to deliver with its CBD Relief Cream. While we love the CBD component, the added botanicals add a level of relief that is unmatched by its competitors. For athletes, active individuals, and everyone in between, FOCL’s Relief Cream is one of the highest quality topicals on the market. They also offer a Relief Bundle, which is an incredible value .
Leaf Remedys: Best Value
Leaf Remedys Full Spectrum cooling gel is on the top of the CBD topical list because the brand has a great reputation for high quality products at a fair price.
Leaf Remedys cooling gel comes in a 4oz bottle with1000mg CBD concentration. Leaf Remedys Full spectrum oils which are subzero extracted from the highest quality organically grown Colorado hemp. The advantage of this extraction method is that a high-quality hemp plant can become a full spectrum extract without any further extractions resulting in a more preserved and purer Full Spectrum oil retaining all the natural cannabinoids and terpenes.
The instant cooling effect comes from the base of the gel which has a nice settle minty scent and carries four powerful, all-natural anti-inflammatories. This is a great option for someone that is looking to instantly manage pain and inflammation and still get the long-term benefits of high-quality CBD. Gel provides greater moisturizing effect and is lighter than cream making it easier for the skin to absorb the natural base of the gel and the CBD to avoid build up that occurs with some heavier creams.
● Fast-Absorbing Formula: Leaf Remedys Full Spectrum Gel features a formula that works quickly by absorbing into the skin soon after the Gel is applied. This helps with managing pain and inflammation in the affected area faster.
● Third-party Lab Testing: The purity of a CBD product is critical – which is why it is always important to look at the lab testing results. Leaf Remedys offer a full overview of the laboratory test results on their website. These tests are done by a third-party laboratory. It ensures the customer is able to see just how pure the product really is.
● Dosage: Each Bottle of Gel contains 1000mg Full Spectrum CBD. This ensures the user is able to gain the benefits expected from a product that contains CBD as an active ingredient.
● Free Shipping: Another important feature is the fact that the Leaf Remedys Gel comes with free shipping to US addresses. This helps to reduce the overall cost that will be paid to get the product to the customer’s doorstep.
● Colorado Grown: The hemp used in the manufacturing of Leaf Remedys products is all locally grown in the Colorado. This Guarantees high quality CBD and gives the manufacturer more control over the growing methods used.
● Easy delivery method: Leaf Remedys CBD Gel comes in a 4oz pump style bottle, making it easier for daily use.
● Low price tag compared to other options.
● The Fast-Absorbing formula helps to provide results in a shorter duration of time.
● Great minty scent
● Shipping is free to US addresses.
● Low amount of gel needed to feel benefits
● Only offered in one option of 1000mg strength
● The cream is only available in a single aroma option.
Price: $59.99 one-time purchase or $41.99 with subscription
There is a good number of reviews and testimonials on their website. Most of their customers seem to be satisfied with the instant relief of the Gel , the scent, and good pricing.
R+R Medicinals: Best Performance
R+R Medicinals spent over a year developing this 1000mg CBD Cream with a team consisting of multiple chemists, a doctor, and several variants to ensure one thing – that it WORKS. With over 1000mg of Full-Spectrum CBD in each 2.5 fl oz tube, this cream is of incredible value for only $39.99, which is the price you’d pay for most other brands for a third of the potency.
They use hemp from their partner farm, which is USDA Organic certified, and is an outdoor grow. Using supercritical Co2 extraction, they yield an impressive 8 different cannabinoids in this full spectrum product; CBG, CBC, CBDv, CBN, CBL, and CBDa and more!
They blend premium ingredients like Arnica Montana, MSM, Jojoba Oil, and more with their Full-Spectrum CBD extract from their proprietary Cherry strain of USDA Certified Organic hemp to yield an impressive result. It doesn’t have menthol or other poor smelling ingredients to ensure anyone can use this cream anywhere, anytime. Simple and effective, this fragrance and dye-free cream gets the job done with consistent and daily use. With hundreds of 5-star ratings on Google, you can be sure you’ll have a great experience with this product and brand.
● It Works: With consistent use, this is the one product we’ve found that truly does the job due to its quality ingredients. The results aren’t masked by menthol or eucalyptus – it’s the CBD and potent botanicals doing their job!
● Third-party Lab Testing: The purity of a CBD product is critical – which is why it is always important to look at the lab testing results. R+R Medicinals posts all lab results for every batch of product on their site. Customers can view everything from cannabinoids, to non-detectable heavy metals.
● Dosage: Each Bottle of Cream contains 1000mg Full Spectrum CBD in a 2.5fl oz tube. R+R says this should last well over 45 days using about a quarter size dollop each day. It’s tremendous value!
● Free Shipping: R+R offers free shipping to all 50 states as well as subscription discounts.
● Low price tag compared to other options.
● Robust cannabinoid profile in their 1000mg CBD Cream
● Great natural scent; no added dyes or fragrances
● Shipping is free to US addresses.
● Only offered in one option of 1000mg strength
● Currently not vegan, due to Beeswax, but we hear this is changing in the future!
With an in-house, dedicated team to support customers, they take their customer care seriously. They vow to help you out with questions, issues, or suggestions anytime! With a convenient texting option, too, they’re happy to work around your needs.
” RRWORKS20 ” for 20% off their first order!
BATCH CBD finds themselves high on our list with yet another stellar CBD product. Their CBD Relief Balms are often regarded as the best topical CBD solution for arthritis pain. BATCH offers this product in two unique blends – Fire and Ice Blend and Original Blend.
The Fire and Ice Blend has a soothing lemongrass aroma and is enhanced with menthol and camphor for a satisfying cooling sensation. Rub this product directly onto any area of concern and you will experience relief in a matter of minutes. With 1250mg of CBD packed in each balm, this product is wildly popular among athletes, and people with arthritis and back pain.
If menthol isn’t for you, BATCH’s Original Blend is scented with a relaxing lavender and tea tree aroma. The Original Blend is also packed with 1250mg of CBD and works wonders for bodily pain and inflammation.
BATCH is one of the few CBD brands that makes all their products themselves from farm to shelf. As a result, they have gained a reputation for obsessive attention to detail and quality. Between their premium hemp extracts and their easy to use twist up application, BATCH Relief Balms have been making a big splash in the CBD industry.
“Clean-Hands” Application: BATCH designed their Relief Balm in an easy to use twist up application. This allows customers to use one of the most potent and effective topicals on the market without getting messy or greasy hands. This also makes asking a friend for help a little less awkward.
Heating and Cooling Sensation: If the anti-inflammatory effects of CBD weren’t enough, BATCH enhances their Fire and Ice Balm with menthol and camphor oil for a soothing sensation. This allows you to feel an extra level of comfort and relaxation while the therapeutic effects of CBD get to work.
High Quality Ingredients: BATCH has always been known for obsessive attention to detail. In addition to their signature full-spectrum extract, BATCH formulates their balms with all organic ingredients and a pleasant aroma – Lemongrass for the Fire and Ice Balm and Lavender-Tea Tree for the Original.
Free Shipping: BATCH has one of the best customer experiences in the CBD industry. They offer free shipping on all orders and are quick to answer any questions via phone or email.
Highly functional product
Fast absorbing formula with soothing sensation
Organic locally sourced hemp
Full-spectrum formula to best results
Only offered in 1250mg
No subscription offer
Like everything at BATCH, their CBD Relief Balms are crafted to be highly effective. Since BATCH makes their own products in-house, you can feel confident that you are receiving nothing but the highest quality products. Their customer support team is extremely friendly and willing to answer any question. They say the secret to their success is taking pride in being “Midwest Nice” and giving every customer the personal attention they deserve.
Verma Farms: Best Quality
Starting off our list is Verma Farms , who’ve been at the top of the CBD world for a number of years. Developing a reputation for hosting natural, organic CBD products, their CBD topicals are amongst the best of the bunch.
Sourcing their CBD from American grown hemp, they utilize all-natural, pesticide-free products. As Verma was one of the first brands to set the standard for what CBD products should and shouldn’t include, their CBD topicals come in two varieties: Mahalo Muscle Relief and Tropical CBD Lotion.
For their Mahalo Muscle Relief , the product is designed to help athletes and others with muscle spasms, pain, and injuries. As for the tropical CBD lotion, it’s utilized as a catch-all topical product. Both are niche enough in their respective craft while also delivering on what the industry wants, providing a solution that caters to any and all CBD users.
Coming in at 200mg for the Mahalo Muscle Relief and 100mg Tropical CBD lotion , they both hold their own in terms of alleviating pain and soreness. Overall, we can’t say enough about how these products have shaped the market, as practically the gold standard for CBD treatment.
● All Natural Ingredients: Verma is known for including organic and natural ingredients in their products, with the Mahalo Muscle Relief and Tropical CBD lotion as no exception. Not only does this mean you can rest easy knowing that what you’re putting on your skin is safe but also has more benefits than most. Additionally, their added ingredients only aim to soothe, such as the menthol in their muscle relief. All-in-all, Verma holds it down with quality.
● ‘Entourage Effect’ Of Ingredients: Verma understands the importance of an ‘entourage effect’ with their products, where other ingredients help bolster the impact of the CBD. This includes infusing other natural parts like Sunflower Seed or Hemp Seed oils, as well as organic aloe. This further helps with anti-inflammatory necessities, as well as other aspects as well.
● Locally Sourced: The Broad-Spectrum hemp is grown in the USA.
● Lab Testing: Verma’s lab results are up to date.
● Guarantee: 30 day return policy if unopened
● Both products are affordable, natural, and easy to use.
● Broad-Spectrum CBD provides a happy medium for quality meets purity.
● No pesticides used in the growing process.
● Recently tested and published lab results.
● Subscription pricing available.
● The return policy is for unopened goods only.
● Nothing available for dry or cracked skin.
Verma provides an absolute knockout with their performance. An easy-to-use, smart solution, Verma’s topicals help set the standard for relief. As the top contender on our list, they’re a great brand to make your go-to (especially with 25% off for subscription pricing). Year after year Verma Farms has proven to be a winner, with 2021 as no exception.
Medterra: Best Variety
Coming in with four of the best CBD topicals on the market, Medterra easily wins at providing the best variety. Hosting a Pain Relief (with menthol + arnica), Relief + Recovery, Manuka Honey, and Relief + Recovery Roll-On, Medterra additionally enables you to choose from a multitude of strengths per product. Plus, with their Roll-On starting at $19.99, Medterra is driving a great bang for your buck.
Made with hemp grown in Kentucky, Medterra is sourced from all-natural, local farms. Citing a mission to care for others, it’s clear that Medterra tries their best to make good on their word: not only with the ingredients they use but different varieties of products that are all affordably priced. Furthermore, Medterra is a member of the U.S. Hemp Authority, which cites that they provide some of the highest quality CBD available.
As they’re constantly trying to improve their products, Medterra clearly is helping set the standard for what CBD should look like. With affordable pricing, they’re inclusive in their approach while also not skimping on quality. Overall, there’s a reason they rank so highly on nearly every CBD list, coming in with products that are exceptional. Don’t sleep on Medterra, because no matter what you want out of a CBD brand, they’ll likely have an answer.
● Organic Hemp: Grown in Kentucky, Medterra’s product sourcing is top notch.
● Top Variety: Medterra beats out every brand when it comes to variety.
● Locally Sourced: Kentucky grown and USA produced.
● Lab Testing: Medterra’s lab results are up to date.
● Guarantee: 30 day return policy if opened or unopened
● Organically sourced hemp.
● Affordably priced across all products
● Holistic care put into improving lineups.
● Testing is current.
● No subscription pricing available.
● Kentucky growers don’t have the same experience as legal marijuana states.
● Combination of ingredients aren’t for everyone.
Medterra is a great brand to check out if you’re just getting into topicals. From being able to dosage out what you need to providing new, affordable solutions, this is practically a one-stop-shop for introducing yourself to topicals. As a company built by CBD fans for CBD fans, it’s an easy brand to fall in love with. We’re excited to see how Medterra continues its reign as an industry leader.
What To Look For In A CBD Topical
Knowing what to look for in a CBD topical starts with knowing what you’re trying to get out of it. For some, an athlete-focused cream infused with menthol works wonders while a salve that’s better for dry, cracked hands might be better for someone else. This is a big reason we listed out the CBD products based on what their intended purpose is rather than going with all creams or salves. Furthermore, knowing if there are any allergens can play a significant role as well. All-in-all, there are quite a few factors when conducting your own research, which is why we’ve provided a list of top criteria below:
● Ingredients : The ingredients of the CBD you take should almost always be things you recognize or can easily look-up. Check for positive indicators, such as organic ingredients or commonplace cures such as using lavender as a soothing agent. While you might not know everything in a product, it’s also important to seek out any red flags, which can be identified via reviews online. Finally, it’s smart to put the CBD topical on a small portion of your skin to ensure it’s not an irritant.
● Where The Hemp Comes From : Hemp sourcing is perhaps the most important cornerstone of any CBD product. This is the core of why you’re taking it in the first place, as well as the biggest indicator of quality. While some companies will say their CBD is ‘made in America’, it’s actually grown elsewhere and packaged here. Instead, always go for companies that make it transparent where their hemp comes from.
● Lab Testing : Any brand worth taking is going to submit their CBD products to an independent lab for research and testing. This is vital for not only the consumer to understand what they’re taking but the brand as well. Lab tests aren’t just a marketing gimmick but rather an overview of consumption. It’s a goal of CBD to be more transparent than a lot of other industries when it comes to disclosing what’s in their products, with lab testing at the forefront.
● Certifications: As we listed above, some brands will host certifications to show customers that they’re legit. Genuinely including accolades like USDA Organic labels or US Hemp Growers Association awards, there are a number of different certificates available. These will help determine if the CBD you’re buying is quality, as well as if they’re faking the funk in certain regards.
● Branding : While branding isn’t everything in CBD (some excellent companies have very ‘homey’ feeling brands), it does speak volumes when people invest in how they look. On the flip side, some brands will try to dupe you into believing they’re legit only to find out they aren’t much past the initial flash. Instead, study the details of a brand, including if everything matches up on what they’re offering versus presenting.
● Return & Shipping Policies : The return policy speaks volumes on how much a company cares. Same can be said for shipping, where what the company is willing to incur says a lot about wanting to have you as a returning customer. Overall, these policies should be what encourages a long-term relationship, not just trying to get a quick sale.
● Price : As we’ve listed out a few variations of prices above, these should give you a good acumen on what’s reasonable. Generally speaking, CBD is priced out by dosage, with other factors such as ingredient quality and sourcing playing a role as well. Outside of those items, the price you’re paying for CBD topicals will ultimately be the biggest deciding factor, especially if this is something you’re trying to buy periodically.
How Do Topicals Work On Pain?
Although research is still early, there’s a lot of promising results on how CBD topicals work with pain. In a 2018 study by the University of Turin out of Italy, CBD topicals were found to help reduce inflammation while also not administering psychoactive effects on the high-brain center. This is a big reason why people take CBD, as it reduces inflammation and pain without making someone feel doped up or zonked out. Previous studies cited in the University of Turin study also note that CBD has been widely used by arthritis patients as well.
Getting into the science of CBD topicals, the Cannabinoid receptors that the body uses are CB1 and CB2. CB1 is usually associated with THC cannabis, as it’s what makes people ‘high’. On the flipside, CB2 is what CBD interacts with, which releases cannabinoids that are naturally found in the body. This reduces the inflammation, and thus, begins the healing process.
How To Use CBD Topicals
Although it seems pretty self-explanatory to rub a topical on your skin, we’ll note that you don’t want to just ‘eyeball it’. First, it’s important to follow the instructions listed, ensuring that you’re not doing too much or letting the product go to waste. Additionally, it’s smart to test a small area of your skin to ensure the CBD doesn’t behave as an irritant. And finally, always consult with your doctor or dermatologist if there are any known allergies that you might not be aware of before taking.
Conclusion: Which CBD Topical Should You Buy?
Our pick is definitely with Verma Farms , who have consistently shown quality, variety, and care into their all-natural lineup of products. As one of the best values money can buy, Verma Farms is more than just buying CBD but entering a community of cannabis lovers. With a few years in the game, Verma Farms is putting up their best work yet. why is why we’re excited to see what comes in the future.
Lastly, if you are looking to improve your health and energy you need to look at sleep as well. There are lots of way to improve your sleep . According to studies better sleep can lead to better concentration, more energy, faster metabolism and lower inflammation. All in all, good sleep will help you get the most out of the products above and set you up for long-term success on your health journey.
Looking for the best CBD you can find? Check out our awards for the best CBD Gummies , best CBD Oi l, Best CBD Oil For Dogs , and Best CBD Oil for cats .
The 5 Best CBD Topicals For Pain Relief (Plus 2 Highly Effective THC Balms)
But I don’t engage in physical activity solely because of my woefully wobbly midsection. My sanity depends on it. Truly. In the immortal words of Elle Woods: Endorphins make you happy!
In my early thirties I dabbled in SoulCycle, swimming at the 14th Street Y, and three disastrous attempts at SLT. These days it’s running loops in Central Park, Y7 yoga, and contact combat. And let me tell you, hitting a weekly fitness goal isn’t always easy—especially when you’re rapidly approaching your 40s with a few minor injuries under your belt.
I’m no spring chicken and the occasional bout of soreness is now a fact of life.
So recovery is a big deal. And personally, I’m all about CBD (a.k.a cannabidiol)—the non-psychoactive compound in cannabis. It’s been having a moment these past few years, making appearances in all sorts of wellness and beauty products—from CBD edibles, to capsules, to transdermal patches, and beyond. But make no mistake. It’s not the passing health trend that activated charcoal and golden milk used to be.
These Are The Best Beach House Destinations In The U.S.
Nordstrom Home Launches First-Ever Home Retail Store Within NYC Flagship
NBA Superstar Magic Johnson On His Love Of Travel, Food, Italy And More
“CBD is extremely anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective. A normal person may use it to prevent conditions such as arthritis or even topically to prevent acne breakouts,” Dr. Shivani Amin, a physician and cannabis expert who is a member of the AMMPA (American Medical Marijuana Physicians Association), says. “I think CBD shows great promise for the future. It all boils down to educating the public about the correct usage and understanding the plant better.”
I’ve long been a fan of edibles and tinctures, but for those who are skeptical of ingesting it, I’m also a big believer in topicals. From lotions and creams to balms and bath bombs, I have experimented with many different kinds—and I’ve come to rely on them for localized pain and reducing inflammation.
But as with any CBD product, there’s no skeleton key that unlocks relief for everyone—you have to find what works for your body. And you certainly have to experiment with different products, brands, and dosages—it’s the only way for you to see which ones really work.
Just know that topicals, unlike edibles, serve a different purpose: They’re primarily for targeted surface areas to address tension, spasms, and muscle pain because CBD applied to the skin doesn’t reach your bloodstream. Think of it as spot treating problematic areas. For instance, if your lower back is shot, apply your preferred product to that area only.
One thing to note, though: Only buy from established brands from licensed dispensaries—not random bodegas, sketchy websites, so-called health food stores, or even Amazon. Always ask for COAs (Certificates of Analysis) to ensure that the topical actually contains the cannabinoids it claims to have. And have an open mind about using CBD topicals incorporated with THC—because those two cannabinoids combined are more effective when addressing inflammation, which is the primary cause of soreness and pain.
“I have treated many patients with chronic conditions with full spectrum CBD and attained great results,” Dr. Amin says. “I also believe the public needs to understand that CBD works in conjunction with THC. Usually this requires at least 3–5% THC to work for serious forms of pain and more chronic medical conditions. I have patients come in with chronic and severe pain expecting to have their pain alleviated with just CBD. Although CBD works well for pain, in many situations patients with severe pain need to have some THC. [The cannabinoids] work synergistically to help ease severe pain.”
Here’s what I have found most effective over the years.
WILDFLOWER CBD COOL STICK (300MG; $60)
Wildflower was my inaugural topical. At the time, I had just started learning Krav Maga—a rather intense Israeli contact combat sport where there are no real rules. (Except to survive.) And my body was sore all the time those first few months. It didn’t help that I’ve got this existing and highly-bothersome back condition. I was also running a few times a week. But Wildflower’s CBD Cool Stick, which conveniently comes packaged as a roll-on, helped me tremendously. The trick is to apply the cooling stick before your workout or any other physically strenuous activity—not after. Why? Because in my experience, sweat reactivates the cooling components of the Wildflower’s formula. A six–mile run is infinitely more pleasant when you feel the the cream working even when you’ve got a ways to go. Also note that the brand also carries a Healing Stick (500mg) for $75. But it’s got arnica and I’m not exactly fond of the odor it emits through my clothes. However, if you do like arnica-scented everything, go for it.
POPULUM COLD THERAPY HEMP RUB (100MG; $45)
Unlike Wildflower, Populum comes in gel form. Also: It’s artic. Kind of like a more aggressive Vick’s Vaporub—so much so that you will definitely need to wash your hands after application. (The last thing you need is to accidentally rub your eyes with that stuff still on your digits.) But it’s effective—despite its relatively low dose of CBD. And a little goes a long way. Use it for minor aches and inconveniences—like when you find yourself stiff because you’ve been sitting on your far-from-ergonomic work chair most of the day. And if you find yourself really hurting, I recommend using a topical that contains both THC and CBD. (More on that below.)
LORD JONES + TAMARA MELLON HIGH-CBD FORMULA STILETTO CREAM (200MG; $70)
This is every woman’s dream come true. High heels are just not made the way they used to be—stilettos these days are narrower, higher, and pointier. Remember: Louboutin does not concern himself with the comfort of his designs. (He said so himself in the documentary and several other news outlets.) Gone are the days of the sensible heels our grandmothers wore. But alas, sky–high footwear is a necessary evil. So Lord Jones, the wildly–popular CBD company, collaborated with Tamara Mellon to help ease that discomfort. Just dab a little solution onto your feet and wait for your skin to absorb the formula before putting on your four–inch torture device.
BASKIN BODY WELLNESS CBD CREAM (400MG; $60)
Baskin has a lower–dose formula that clocks in at 150mg CBD that costs $20 less. But I say, Go big or go home. Invest in the higher dose if you want real relief all over: It’s meant to be used all over the body versus its cousin, which was specifically created for smaller targeted areas. Beyond that, you can always use the 400mg cream the way you see fit: Nobody is going to stop you if you want to use it only in specific pain points.
ONYX + ROSE BROAD SPECTRUM CBD BLISS BALM (500MG; $54)
This high–dose balm seems to be a crowd favorite, certainly in my household. The jar itself contains two ounces of product. It doesn’t seem like much—But because the consistency of the cream is particularly smooth and spreadable, it glides easily onto the skin and covers more real estate. In terms of relief, you can expect gradual relaxation of the muscles—especially if you’re prone to spasms or simply incredibly tight.
BASKIN GLOW (50MG THC + 500MG CBD; $80)
Now this is where we change course. Serious athletes and people suffering from chronic pain will benefit from this lotion. And yes, it’s in a jar but it rubs on like an incredibly light lotion—not at all like a heavy body butter. The main difference is that it contains both THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in addition to CBD. And that’s a good thing. Both cannabinoids work synergistically together: THC will open up your receptors, enabling your body to absorb and metabolize more CBD. Beyond that, Glow is applied somewhat differently than the rest of the products on this list. Apply a minuscule amount to your pulse points, the insides of your elbows, and the backs of your knees—areas where the skin is at its thinnest. The reasoning: Because of its formula and consistency, your body will absorb the product so that it reaches your bloodstream—unlike many other topicals.
DIXIE SYNERGY RELIEF CBD AND THC BALM (50MG CBD + 50MG THC; $45)
I’m a huge fan of Dixie’s edibles, particularly its Birthday Cake White Chocolate and root beer elixir. But the cannabis company also does a damn fine job with its Synergy CBD and THC combo balm. It’s what I reach for whenever I’m too achy and cannabidiol alone just won’t cut it. It all boils down to the fact that the presence of THC opens up receptors in our bodies to allow for greater CBD absorption.
Where to Buy CBD Cream Near Me?
CBD cream is a great way to reap the health benefits of cannabidiol through the skin.
CBD creams have many potential applications, from relieving pain and inflammation to moisturizing the skin and soothing dryness, itchiness, and other signs of irritation.
Some people even claim that CBD creams have helped them put their autoimmune skin conditions into remission.
But where do you find high-quality CBD creams nearby? After all, CBD creams are virtually everywhere these days, from specialty stores to beauty shops, wellness centers, and cannabis dispensaries.
It goes without saying that with so many products on the market, it’s difficult to maintain proper quality standards across the majority of manufacturers. That’s why we’ve put together this article.
Today, we’ll show you the best CBD creams from reputable brands and cover the dos and don’ts of buying CBD topicals online and near you.
What Are CBD Creams?
CBD cream is a broad category of topicals that contain CBD and other synergistic ingredients. The CBD is infused into a fat base that consists of different carrier oils. Depending on the formula and purpose, CBD creams may contain other natural compounds, such as menthol, willow bark, cayenne pepper, lavender, essential oils, and more.
As the name suggests, CBD creams are used topically. When you apply them to your skin, CBD starts interacting with the skin’s endocannabinoid system — producing a range of therapeutic effects. Many people use CBD creams as a pain reliever for arthritis and joint inflammation.
Speaking of which, you’re probably wondering why so many people incorporate CBD creams into their skincare routine.
Here’s the answer.
Why Do People Use CBD Creams?
CBD is the modulator of the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is the master regulatory network controlling essential physiological and psychological processes, including pain, sleep, body temperature, reproduction, immune response, mood, memory, learning processes, appetite, and more .
The ECS has its receptors in nearly every system and organ in the body. These receptors interact with endocannabinoids, which are similar molecules to plant-based cannabinoids, except for the source. Endocannabinoids are produced within the endocannabinoid system.
A properly functioning ECS supports and maintains homeostasis throughout the body. Whenever this balance falls out of whack, the ECS starts producing more of its endocannabinoids to solve the problem. Unfortunately, endocannabinoids have a short duration in the bloodstream, and the body doesn’t store them in advance.
This is where CBD comes into play.
When you take CBD, it signals the ECS to increase the production of endocannabinoids while blocking an enzyme that breaks them down. With more cannabinoids circulating longer in the body, it can return to homeostasis more efficiently .
Applying CBD to the skin causes it to interact with the skin’s CB2 receptors. The activation of these receptors results in an anti-inflammatory response and reduced pain signals, which is the main reason why people are using CBD creams .
CBD is also a potent antioxidant, meaning it can slow down the aging of your skin and help you maintain a younger look. On top of that, CBD creams can replenish the natural protective barrier of your skin, making it less prone to environmental damage .
Best CBD Creams for Sale Near Me: Top Brand Recommendations
- Royal CBD – Best CBD Cream Overall
- Gold Bee – Best Organic CBD Cream
- CBDistillery – Runner Up
- Hemp Bombs – Best Pure CBD
- Medterra – Best Variety
- CBDfx – Good Value
- Spruce – Best Scent
- Aspen Green – Best Texture
- Joy Organics – Most Popular
- Receptra Naturals – Best Blend of Terpenes
1. Royal CBD
Get 15% off all Royal CBD products. Use code “CFAH” at checkout.
Royal CBD specializes in high-quality CBD extracts from organic hemp, including two types of broad-spectrum topicals: CBD cream and roll-on gel.
The Royal CBD cream contains a broad spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes, so you can benefit from some part of the entourage effect — but without any THC in your product. At 500 mg of CBD per jar, this cream is potent enough to help you manage moderate and severe pain. It also absorbs well into the skin and doesn’t leave a greasy feeling making it perfect for those who want to use CBD creams for relieving arthritic pain or joint inflammation.
The texture is a bit grainy, that’s actually a good sign because it means the company is using handmade bases for its cream.
If you’re looking for a less potent option but with extra menthol for increased pain relief, check out the Royal CBD roll-on freeze gel (350 mg).
- Organic hemp from Colorado
- Up to 500 mg of CBD per container
- Easy application
- Third-party tested for potency and purity
- The texture feels a bit grainy
2. Gold Bee
If you’re looking for the strongest CBD creams near you, Gold Bee has got your back with two types of topicals — CBD-infused roll-on and cream — that boast a hefty concentration of 2000 mg of CBD. Gold Bee had been making superfoods such as raw honey and organic coconut oil, translating the same high quality into its line of CBD products.
With so much CBD per jar, these are some of the best CBD creams that you can get for that price. These are decent products for improving regeneration, moisturizing the skin, and dealing with strong pain in people who need very high doses in their routine.
Another advantage of this CBD cream for foot pain is the addition of a cayenne pepper extract, which creates a nice warming feeling on the affected area.
- Organic hemp from California
- Very potent: 2000 mg of total CBD
- Easy application
- Batch-specific certificates of analysis
- Not available in local stores
CBDistillery is one of the largest suppliers of CBD products in North America. The company’s collection of topicals includes full-spectrum CBD creams that can be used on achy spots on the body and other localized problems. The formula includes all-natural ingredients, which is another perk for health-conscious users.
This is a great company if you have a tight budget. The cream costs $0.12 per mg of CBD, making it one of the most affordable CBD creams on the market. However, the hemp used by CBDistillery isn’t organic, so there’s no way to tell if it’s actually free from pesticides and heavy metals.
- Hemp from domestic farms
- Full-spectrum CBD
- 500 mg of CBD per jar
- Third-party tested for quality and safety
- The hemp isn’t organic
- Leaves a greasy feeling upon application
4. Hemp Bombs
Hemp Bombs is one of the best companies if you’re looking for isolate-based products. The company combines smart marketing with high-quality ingredients, which has coined them a reputation of a trustworthy manufacturer that stays up to date with current trends.
The best CBD cream in Hemp Bombs’ collection is the “Pain Freeze” option. The cream contains 1000 mg of pure CBD, so it’s quite potent. However, it doesn’t contain other cannabinoids and terpenes, so you won’t get the entourage effect from it.
On a positive note, the product leaves a nice “cooling burn” on the affected area, getting gentle over time and reducing the discomfort.
- Organic hemp
- Wide product range
- Up to 1000 mg of CBD per jar
- Lab-tested for CBD and contaminants
- It’s CBD isolate (no entourage effect)
- A bit expensive for a pure CBD product.
Medterra offers two types of CBD products: cream and roll-on gel. The cream comes in two strengths — 250 mg and 750 mg — and the roll-on gel is sold in only one potency (250 mg).
Similar to Hemp Bombs, Medterra uses pure CBD isolate, so the product doesn’t contain any THC or other cannabinoids. However, despite being relatively effective, it doesn’t provide as much relief as the broad-spectrum creams from the brands we’ve mentioned above.
- Organic hemp
- Up to 750 mg of CBD per jar
- Available as CBD cream and roll-on gel
- No entourage effect
- Only one potency option for the roll-on gel
CBDfx has been making high-quality CBD creams since 2012. Aside from its selection of topicals, you can also choose from products like oils, gummies, drinks, vapes, and even CBD for pets.
The CBDfx cream features either 150 or 500 mg depending on the chosen potency. The formula contains other pain-killing ingredients, such as menthol, caffeine, and willow bark. The peppermint scent also leaves a nice cooling sensation that works well on sore spots and tense muscles.
The company also has CBD lotion, which helps to revitalize the skin by adding a sufficient level of moisture. Unfortunately, both products are quite expensive; the 150 mg option costs $0.26 per mg of CBD.
- Europe-grown hemp (Netherlands)
- CO2 extraction
- Full-spectrum CBD
- Up to 500 mg of CBD per container
- Natural scents
- No high-potency CBD cream
- A bit more expensive than the competition
Spruce offers CBD creams that are appropriate for all skin types, even sensitive ones. These products have a slightly botanical scent because they’re made from the whole hemp plant. Spruce sources its hemp from small farms in Colorado and Kentucky.
The Spruce CBD foot cream is good for individuals who want to relieve mild-to-moderate pain, with 300 mg of CBD supported by other cannabinoids, such as CBG, CBC, and CBDA. It also boasts high concentrations of terpenes, including caryophyllene, limonene, linalool, and geraniol. These compounds evoke the entourage effect, improving the product’s efficacy.
Unfortunately, the cream is available in only one strength, so if you’re looking for a more diverse product line-up, check out the other brands in this ranking.
- Organic, US-grown hemp
- Full-spectrum CBD
- Rich in terpenes
- Well-designed formula
- Narrow product range
- Limited potency options
8. Aspen Green
Aspen Green specializes in high-quality CBD products from organic hemp, including the award-winning pain relief cream that features 600 mg of full-spectrum CBD. The formula contains cannabinoids like CBC, CBN, CBG, and CBDA.
These botanicals give this cream a slightly botanical aroma, but it also improves the therapeutic profile of CBD. The cream easily penetrates the skin, so it can be a game-changer for physical discomfort if you combine it with a body massage.
The cream is also enriched with terpenes, including ocimene, eucalyptol, pinene, myrcene, caryophyllene, humulene, terpinolene, and cymene.
- Organic hemp
- Full-spectrum CBD
- Infused with additional terpenes
- 1000 mg of CBD
- Lab-tested for potency and purity
- Only one product type is available
- No high-potency creams
- Botanical scent
9. Joy Organics
Joy Organics is a family-owned company that has partnered with some of the largest farms and hemp manufacturers to extract raw plant compounds and infuse them into different formats, including CBD creams.
The Joy Organics CBD cream features a broad spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes. The terpene bouquet includes pinene, geraniol, myrcene, terpinene, caryophyllene, ocimene, limonene, eucalyptol, and terpinolene.
The product has a tell-tale floral scent underlined by refreshing aromas of menthol and pine trees. The cream also adds a nice refreshing sensation to the skin, amplifying the anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and skin-nourishing effects.
If you don’t like the botanical aromas, you can also choose a scent-free CBD cream, but this option contains pure CBD, so you won’t benefit from the entourage effect. Still, it’s a more affordable option than the full-spectrum one. The cream contains 250 mg of pure CBD.
- Organic hemp
- Available as broad-spectrum CBD or isolate
- Up to 1000 mg of CBD
- Rich in terpenes
- Third-party tested for quality and safety
- The scent-free version doesn’t contain additional hemp compounds
- Premium pricing
10. Receptra Naturals
Receptra Naturals entered the market in 2016, catering mainly to athletes. The company’s product selection includes CBD oils for humans and pets, as well as a line of topicals.
Besides the full-spectrum CBD, the cream contains other high-quality herbal ingredients to reduce pain and inflammation. Receptra Naturals stocks two types of topicals: an all-purpose body butter and high-strength CBD cream. We recommend the body butter for daily use, but if you aim for relieving body pain, you’ll be better off with the high-potency cream that carries 800 mg of full-spectrum CBD per jar.
Both formulations are organic and vegan, containing well-known antioxidants, such as vitamin E, jasmine, and ylang-ylang.
- US-grown hemp
- Vegan formula
- Infused with antioxidants
- 800 mg of CBD
- The body butter has low levels of CBD
- The cream leaves a bit greasy feeling
Where to Find CBD Cream for Sale Near Me
Finding the best CBD cream nearby is very easy. There are a lot of companies offering their topicals both locally and online. Here we’ll cover the potential sources of CBD cream and point you to the best places to buy these products for the best quality and safety.
Buy CBD Cream Online
Most CBD brands focus on online sales because that’s where we buy the majority of our goods nowadays. Buying CBD oil products online is safe, convenient, and easy if you know what to look for in high-quality CBD products.
Although you can’t physically ask questions or examine the product, there’s always a way to check your supplier’s reputation.
Make sure to run a thorough research on the company by reading information on its website — the manufacturing process, third-party lab reports — or read customer reviews from a few different sources.
Doing so will present you with a bigger picture of your potential vendor. A reputable company will give you a deep insight into the above details so that you can rest assured your products contain everything that’s advertised on the label — or point you to its customer service who can dispel your doubts.
Visit Dispensaries to Find CBD Cream Locally
Buying CBD creams online is our number one choice, but if we lived near a cannabis dispensary, we’d be returning customers — that’s more sure than death and taxes.
Dispensaries are the best places of all local options to buy CBD cream because they’re subject to state regulations when it comes to the quality and purity of such products. Dispensaries must meet strict security and safety requirements if they want to sell cannabis and its derivatives.
However, dispensaries have one serious downside; they don’t always have the best CBD topicals, and some of them have been on the shelves for months, which might negatively impact their consistency and texture. When you buy from a dispensary, you need to make sure that they know how to store CBD creams properly.
Last but not least, products sold in dispensaries are usually more expensive. Unlike online stores, dispensaries can’t cut out the middleman, so there are additional operational costs involved. This, in turn, translates into higher prices.
What to Know When Looking for the Best CBD Cream
Now that we’ve covered the best places for buying CBD cream near you, it’s time to shed light on the key features every new consumer should focus on before making their purchase.
1. Hemp Source
The skin is the largest organ in our bodies — it’s also highly absorbent. If you want to make sure your CBD cream is appropriate for your skincare, check the hemp source. As dynamic bioaccumulators, hemp plants can absorb every substance from the soil they grow in. When they’re grown in clean, nutrient-rich soil and without synthetic growth boosters, they will be superior to mass-produced hemp sprayed with pesticides in terms of their purity and phytochemical profile. The best CBD creams are made from organic, locally-grown hemp because such plants are subject to strict quality control measures set by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
2. Cannabinoid Spectrum
There are three types of CBD extracts:
- Full-spectrum CBD – contains CBD, other cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and trace amounts of THC (0.3% or less)
- Broad-spectrum CBD – contains CBD, other cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids — but there’s no THC in it.
- CBD isolate – it’s just pure CBD — there are no other cannabinoids or terpenes inside this form.
Most cannabis users and experts prefer full-spectrum extracts over broad-spectrum and isolates because they produce better effects in lower amounts. The presence of other therapeutic compounds from hemp amplifies the benefits of CBD by allowing your body to process it more efficiently. This mechanism is called “the entourage effect.”
If you can’t use full-spectrum CBD cream (e.g. due to allergies), the broad-spectrum form of CBD is the best option.
Isolates are good for people who are interested only in the effects of CBD and don’t mind the lack of the entourage effect.
The potency of CBD is one of the most important factors when choosing CBD creams. Products with small amounts of CBD, such as 150 mg or 200 mg, are better suited for everyday skincare because they carry too little CBD to produce a therapeutic effect in serious ailments. If you’re looking for the best CBD cream for pain relief, choose products starting from 350 mg of total CBD.
4. Additional Ingredients
CBD creams usually contain more than just a hemp extract and a fat base. There’s a myriad of formulations to choose from, each containing different supportive ingredients to enhance or complement the health benefits of CBD. Some of the popular additives in CBD creams include menthol, willow bark, cayenne pepper, lavender, essential oils, fruit oils, and arnica.
5. Third-party Testing
Reputable CBD brands send their creams to independent laboratories for testing. These laboratories analyze the phytochemical profile of the tested sample — cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids — and look for common contaminants, such as pesticides, heavy metals, microbial impurities, or residual solvents. If the product is contaminated or contains less CBD than written on the label, the lab analysis will spit it out. Products that pass the screening receive a certificate of analysis confirming their quality and safety. Companies that don’t test their products in third-party labs fall short of the most important standard in this space — transparency.
Key Takeaways on Buying the Best CBD Creams Nearby
Like most CBD products, you can find CBD creams somewhere near you or look for them online. If you look for CBD creams on Amazon, it is best to thoroughly check the products. Though labels say “CBD,” Amazon sells products that are really not CBD but only hemp cream.
We recommend buying CBD products online from reputable stores because it’s safe, fast, and convenient if you know what to look for.
There are a few essential quality criteria that will help you distinguish between high-quality CBD creams with well-designed formulas and sub-par products made for the sole purpose of capitalizing on a booming market.
Always focus on factors like hemp source, cannabinoid spectrum, additional ingredients, third-party testing, and the price of the product. This way, you can make a well-thought-out decision and enjoy the benefits of CBD to the fullest.
- Ramos, J. A., González, S., Sagredo, O., Gómez-Ruiz, M., & Fernández-Ruiz, J. (2005). Therapeutic potential of the endocannabinoid system in the brain. Mini reviews in medicinal chemistry , 5 (7), 609–617. https://doi.org/10.2174/1389557054368817 (1)
- Bisogno, T., Hanus, L., De Petrocellis, L., Tchilibon, S., Ponde, D. E., Brandi, I., Moriello, A. S., Davis, J. B., Mechoulam, R., & Di Marzo, V. (2001). Molecular targets for cannabidiol and its synthetic analogues: effect on vanilloid VR1 receptors and on the cellular uptake and enzymatic hydrolysis of anandamide. British journal of pharmacology , 134 (4), 845–852. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjp.0704327
- Nagarkatti, P., Pandey, R., Rieder, S. A., Hegde, V. L., & Nagarkatti, M. (2009). Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs. Future medicinal chemistry , 1 (7), 1333–1349. https://doi.org/10.4155/fmc.09.93 (3)
- Muller, C., Morales, P., & Reggio, P. H. (2019). Cannabinoid Ligands Targeting TRP Channels. Frontiers in molecular neuroscience , 11 , 487. https://doi.org/10.3389/fnmol.2018.0048, (4)
- Atalay, S., Jarocka-Karpowicz, I., & Skrzydlewska, E. (2019). Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol. Antioxidants (Basel, Switzerland) , 9 (1), 21. https://doi.org/10.3390/ antiox9010021 (5)
Nina created CFAH.org following the birth of her second child. She was a science and math teacher for 6 years prior to becoming a parent — teaching in schools in White Plains, New York and later in Paterson, New Jersey.
Leave a comment Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.