DAILY CBD DOSAGE
For your convenience, here, you can see the differences between the dose levels in the bodyweight dosage table.
Note: If you have calculated your dosage at which you get the right desired effect, you no longer need to increase the CBD dosage. Also, if necessary, due to the individual characteristics of your body, if you do not feel the desired effect and you want to improve your experience you can slightly increase the dosage or repeat CBD dosage later.
Why Do You Need to Calculate the Dosage of CBD?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not issued a recommended daily dose since the daily dosage is subjective and individual. Given your weight, metabolic rate, as well as the desired effect of consumption.
Which Factors Influence Your CBD Dosage Level?
• Human’s body weight plays an essential role in calculating the daily dosage of a CBD product. The more bodyweight – the higher the dosage is needed. And vice versa.
• The rate of absorption and distribution of CBD by endocannabinoid receptors, which is also an individual factor.
• Purpose of use and desired effect.
• Method of use (bioavailability indicator). For example, Oil and Edible CBD products before entering the bloodstream must pass through the digestive system. In contrast, the use of CBD by vaporization, bypassing the digestive system, enters the bloodstream from the lungs faster.
Can You Overdose on CBD?
The answer is simple: unlikely. CBD is a natural product, non-toxic, and non-psychoactive. The World Health Organization (WHO) has suggested that the CBD is relatively safe to use.
To “overdose” you will need a very high dose of CBD in one go (more than 2000 mg CBD consistency). It is not necessary to increase the dosage, as at a low level, you can be quite satisfied with the result. We also want to note that CBD is a natural component and side effects are possible with a sharp increase in dosage or case of individual intolerance. However, even in this case, the side effects will not be long-term or have serious consequences.
In any case, if you are new to the use of CBD, we recommend starting with small doses and, if necessary, may increase.
To start taking CBD, we suggest using minimum dosage, not more than 10 – 15 mg per day for the first week. If necessary, after this, you can gradually increase the level of daily CBD until you find the right desired effect for you.
Consider the condition of which particular symptoms you want to improve.
A severe condition (glaucoma, chronic pain, sleep disturbances, cramps, etc.) requires higher doses than alleviating anxiety states.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Also please note the information on this page is for recommendation only and each individual is different. If you have any difficulties or questions, please contact us.
CBD DOSING GUIDE – How Much Should I Take? [UPDATED]
UPDATED March 2, 2021 – Ready to reap the benefits of CBD? Awesome. One of the things that is most important to understand how much CBD you should be taking and what a suggested dose is based on. Much of this is dependent on our individual bodies and there is not an official serving size, in this post we cover some dosing guidelines and suggestions to assist you. As you might guess, much of this is a function of our individual weight and metabolism and body chemistry. Dive in and see what is best for you so you can get the most out of your C+L supplements and improve your personal preparation, performance + recovery.
Let’s start by addressing some common misconceptions about CBD. First off: you can’t get “high” using CBD. In order to be legal for sale in the US, CBD can’t contain more than 0.3% concentration of THC, the psychoactive compound responsible for the sensation of “getting high”. In simple terms: virtually no amount of CBD could be consumed to trigger the psychoactive effects commonly associated with THC. Put another way, there’s small amounts of alcohol in toothpaste, but you’re never going to get drunk by swallowing tubes of Colgate. That said, it is important to figure out the right dosage for your needs.
How Much CBD Should I Take?
Dialling in the correct dosage for your body is an important part of getting the most out of your CBD supplements. Once you’ve found the right dosage you’re not only going to get the most benefits from your supplements and feel great, but you’re also going to guard against wasting money by using excess product.
As a baseline, our suggested dosage is 0.25mg CBD multiplied by your body weight in pounds on a daily basis. Therefore, a 120 pound person should take 30mg CBD daily (0.25 x 120 = 30), and a 200 pound person should take 50mg CBD daily (0.25 x 200 = 50). Ideally, split your doses equally between morning and evening. With this formula you can now easily figure out your suggested dose.
That said, there is no ‘official serving size’ or standard dose’ and it varies from person to person. Your ideal dosage will be based on a variety of factors including your weight, metabolism, the type of product you’re using (tincture, softgel, topical), and body type. For the best potential for success, we recommend some experimentation and consistent usage to determine the right dosage for you. It can take 2-3 weeks to determine the proper dosage, but once you witness CBD’s effects on your body you’ll be in a better position to decide how much to take and when to take it, so be patient and take your time.
- Tinctures – taking the correct amount of tincture can be confusing, so we are going explain it in detail. This is going to be easy using the information from the formula we introduced above. First, you need to be mindful of which strength of tincture that you purchased, 500 or 1000mg. Remember, our examples are based-on only using tinctures, so adjust accordingly if you are also using softgels, oral spray or topicals.
- Now, if you purchased a 500mg Tincture, the full bottle will contain ~600 drops worth of tincture and each drop will contain approximately 0.8mg of CBD. Now, if you recall from reading above, we suggest a dose of 0.25mg multiplied by your bodyweight in pounds. For example, if you are 120 pounds you should be taking 30mg CBD per day for best results. Here is our formula 0.25 x 120 = 30mg, and now to convert that into drops, we take 30mg and divide that by the 0.8mg per drop and you get ~35 drops (experiment with between 30-40 drops and see what works best for you). For a 200 pound person, our formula suggests a does of ~60 drops per day (experiment between 60-70 drops per day and see what is optimal).
- Let’s run through this same exercise using our 1000mg tincture bottle which also contains ~600 drops of CBD oil. It is important to note that since this product is 2x the concentration that each drop now contains ~1.6mg of CBD. For the same 120 pound person that we used as an example above, you would now take ~15 drops per day (experiment with between 15-25 drops per day to see what is optima)l. For the 200 pound person, they would take ~30 drops per day (experiment with between 25-35 drops per day and see what works best for your body). Check out our PREPARE Tincture for your morning routine or RECOVER Tincture in the evening or 60 minutes before bed.
In order to figure out the right dosage for you, here are some basic steps to start with:
- Start Small – We recommend starting with smaller doses and gradually increasing as needed. Although too much CBD won’t cause any harm, taking more than you need could waste product unnecessarily. If you’re a tincture user, start with 1/2 of our suggested dose for the first week of your PREPARE Tincture in the morning or one dosage of RECOVER Tincture in the evening 60 minutes prior to bedtime.
- Take Daily – Everyone’s body is different when it comes to CBD. Many people need to build up the substance in their system in order to start seeing benefits. If you don’t see results right away, keep up your daily doses for four weeks, paying close attention to the changes you sense in your body.
Once you’ve figured out your ideal CBD dose you’ll be able to feel confident as you start maximizing the positive benefits of your CBD routine and enjoy the effects it has on your personal preparation, performance and recovery.