CBD Isolate vs Full-Spectrum CBD for Dogs: What’s Best for Your Pet?
More and more people are deciding CBD is right for their companion animals but is CBD isolate or full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs the better choice? Understanding the difference is vital to choosing the best products for your pets, and CBD oil manufacturers aren’t always clear about what the difference is or how it affects the products they’re offering. Independent research is as important in determining if CBD is right for your pooch as it is determining if it is right for you. So let’s take a look at these two classes of CBD pet products, and what choosing isolate vs full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs will mean for your canine friend.
Pet CBD Oil: The Primary Active Ingredient
Cannabidiol is one of over 100 active compounds found in the industrial hemp plant and the basis for both isolate and full-spectrum oils. Industrial hemp is a close relative of the marijuana plant but has 0.3% THC concentration by weight (versus 30+% in marijuana), so it won’t harm your pet or make them high. Hemp plants are harvested for their stems, leaves, and flowers, then processed to extract their oil. This oil is further purified, standardized, then formulated into CBD oil for pets and humans.
The difference between isolate and full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs lies in exactly how the CBD oil is processed. Isolate means that the CBD in the oil has been isolated from other cannabinoids. Full-spectrum oil, however, is meant to retain these other active compounds while still delivering a potent dose of CBD.
The endocannabinoid system of a dog is remarkably similar to that of the humans who love it, in that they, too, have receptor sites along their central nervous system that help them to regulate other sympathetically activated systems in their bodies.
The total of these various compounds found in full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs has a synergistic effect on your pup’s health, outweighing the individual effects offered by a singular, isolate CBD.
This “entourage effect” is one of the main reasons proponents of full-spectrum CBD oil cite it as superior to CBD isolate.
Why Some Companies Use Inferior CBD Isolate
If it has a lesser effect, why do so many companies use CBD isolate in their pet products? To begin, some customers actively prefer to avoid the “entourage effect” caused by full-spectrum CBD. They feel that reducing the number of variables in their pet’s regimen (i.e. by using an oil with fewer cannabinoids) gives them more control over their pet’s reaction. In these cases, pet-parents prefer the singular effects of isolate CBD.
Additionally, CBD isolate is cheaper to produce than full-spectrum CBD oil products for dogs. In many cases, disreputable manufacturers will lower production costs by using isolate without lowering the retail price. This gives them a bigger markup to pad their bottom line. When looking for CBD oil for pets and humans, it’s important to make sure you’re getting the oil you’re paying for.
At Core CBD, all of our products are full-spectrum so that you and your pets can get the full benefits offered by cannabis. The multi-million dollar processing machines we use at our Colorado facility let us create an oil that is extremely potent, with a high CBD concentration, free of THC, and retains the natural terpenes and cannabinoids that give you the best results possible. It’s engineered to be among the highest-quality CBD oils on the market, whether we’re creating CBD gummies for humans or full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs.
A Range Of Products For Every Need
CBD oil for pets and humans can vary drastically in quality. To make sure that every pet can experience the benefits of CBD, we’ve created a wide range of products to support the needs of your pooch. Now you can decide what dosage and form is best for supporting their happier, healthier lives.
- CBD Dog Treats – Your pet deserves some TLC, and these dog treats are the perfect way to give them some CBD love in a form that they’ll see as a yummy snack. Available in both bacon and peanut butter flavors, our dog treats will soon become a favorite reward that helps them lead healthier lives. Made with our potent full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs, each treat delivers 5mg of hemp-derived CBD.
The equivalent of human CBD edibles, these treats slow the absorption of CBD, stretching out its benefits as the food is digested. This makes them great for longer-term dosings, such as when you need their CBD to last until you get home from work. Our 30-treat canister gives you an ample supply so you can make sure they have the endocannabinoid support that helps them get through the day.
- CBD Pet Oil – Our full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs gives you the perfect way to deliver a dose of CBD directly (or add it to their favorite food!) We start with our ultra-pure oil then add the flavors that make the oil an instant favorite. With 8.3mg in each dropper (250mg per bottle) of CBD oil, pets and humans alike will love the easy dosing experience.
Just as human tinctures provide faster acting relief, our CBD oil dog tinctures allow you to give your pet a CBD form that gets right to work. It starts absorbing immediately in their mouth and doesn’t have to rely on digestion to release it from food in the stomach. We offer both a bacon flavor for the dogs in your life and a salmon tincture to make sure your finicky feline doesn’t feel left out.
- No-Rinse Conditioner – While many people choose to use oral CBD for their pets, topical applications can help some pets better by delivering CBD directly to the areas in need. Our 4.2 oz bottle of No-Rinse pet conditioner has 300 mg in every bottle to support better skin, muscle, and joint wellness. This no-residue formula absorbs quickly, effectively delivering as much or as little CBD as is needed.
With naturally occurring omega fatty acids and our full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs, our conditioner is a great way to nourish and replenish the skin. Just apply directly to your pooch’s coat, then brush through. They’ll love the extra attention and TLC while the CBD absorbs through their skin and goes to work at the application site. Whether your dog is elderly with joint problems or young and spry with a skin condition, it’s a safe and effective topical application.
What To Look For In Pet CBD Products
When choosing the right products for your beloved companion animal, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Choose Full-Spectrum CBD Oil – For dogs to get the greatest benefit from your hemp CBD products, make sure they’re getting the whole plant. The terpenes and other cannabinoids found in full-spectrum oil can make their CBD regimen more effective.
- Ensure It Is A Hemp Product – Don’t risk marijuana pet products. Give your pet safe hemp-derived CBD with 0.3% THC or less (THC-Free is better).
- Only Give Them Products Formulated For Pets – Many human CBD products are far too strong for dogs, especially smaller breeds. In addition, human products can have ingredients that could be harmful or toxic to dogs, yet are perfectly safe for a human’s biochemistry.
- Look For The Certificates Of Analysis – Anyone can print “SAFE & POTENT” on a bottle, but full-spectrum CBD oil products for dogs that have been independently tested by a third-party and have their certificates of analysis are provably pure and potent. That’s what your pet deserves.
- Choose Products That You Can Incorporate Easily Into Your Lives – While products can be flavored — which is enough for most pooches — choosing a familiar dosage form can also help reduce your pet’s resistance to taking their CBD treat/oil/ or conditioner application. If treats are already a regular part of their life, great. If not, oil surreptitiously added to food may work better. No matter what you choose, consider which your pet would prefer before purchasing!
The Best Delivered
We’re proud to create some of the finest CBD oil products on the market at competitive prices, shipped directly to your door. If you have any questions about our CBD oil and your pets’ needs, call our CBD experts. Order your full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs online from Core CBD today.
Full Spectrum vs. Broad Spectrum: Why is Full Spectrum the Best?
It seems that nearly every brand of CBD oil boasts a new term. But, not all CBD oils are created the same, and these terms are more than just marketing jargon. It is important to understand the difference between full spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolates so that you can make the right choice for your dog (and your family if you choose to utilize CBD for your own health).
What does full spectrum mean?
Full-spectrum means that all the cannabinoids and terpenes that can possibly be present, are present. While there are thousands of cannabinoids and terpenes present in each plant, and it is not possible to preserve every single one during the manufacturing process, full-spectrum means that none of the cannabinoids were purposefully removed. That’s a critical piece in ensuring CBD works properly.
One of the large reasons full spectrum is so important is because the cannabinoids and terpenes all work together to enhance each other. This effect (called the entourage effect) makes it possible for different cannabinoids to interact to achieve maximum effects ensuring maximum results.
When shopping for CBD products, full spectrum is preferable to broad spectrum or isolates. The full spectrum CBD oil will be more effective than the broad spectrum or isolate.
What does broad spectrum mean? Is that the same as full spectrum?
On the flip-side of the spectrum coin, there is broad spectrum. Broad-spectrum means that the CBD or cannabinoid profile was specifically extracted from the plant, specifically the THC, which has been proven to be incredibly safe for animals. Broad spectrum may not contain all of the terpenes and cannabinoids in the plant. This can negate the entourage effect (meaning you may not see it due to the lack of cannabinoids). This may be where some of the confusion as to “why didn’t CBD work for us?” It could simply be because you didn’t see the maximum effect (or perhaps not any effect at all if the product is low quality).
Full spectrum and broad spectrum are different because full spectrum means that all cannabinoids that can be present are, whereas broad spectrum means that a specifically selected group of cannabinoids were extracted. While they both may contain several of the same cannabinoids, full spectrum will also contain necessary terpenes.
Remember, it’s about the cannabinoids… not the pretty label.
What is a CBD isolate?
Like broad spectrum, a CBD isolate means that a specific profile was extracted from the plant. However, it means that only CBD was extracted. Isolates do not offer the full benefits that full spectrum oils offer because they do not have the entourage effect.